Saturday 22 March 2014

1973

Take yourselves back to the 70's, that great era of bad fashion and terrible hairstyles.
Showaddy waddy and skinny rib jumpers.
Endless carefree summers, where we could roam all day and just go home at tea time.

This picture captures me and my brothers and sisters on holiday in 1973, David the youngest not quite 2yrs old wasn't on the original photo, but how could I leave him out, he was probably asleep in the carrycot which balanced between us in the old VW camper van.

 I think the photo  was taken by my grandfather on one of our many days out , we were not allowed to stay indoors and mucked about together, climbing trees, building dens ,catching sticklebacks and bringing them home, later to be disappointed they didn't survive our makeshift pond, usually an upturned dustbin lid.

I felt inspired to have a go at recreating the image feeling a bit nostalgic.

 I hope you like how its turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment